Friday, November 1, 2013

between hello and goodbye

Writing Prompt #5 Between hello and goodbye

“Why, hello there!” I said as a 2 month old beagle puppy ran over and started sniffing at me. I looked at the owner, and asked if it was ok to pet his dog.

“Sure, her name is Poppet.”

This pup was one of those who, when she shook her tail from excitement, there was a ripple effect through her whole body.

Source: CrapWeLike
As soon as my knee touched the sand, she climbed on me trying to lick my face.

I rubbed her behind her big floppy ears and she gently tried to nip at my hands.

“Who’s a good girl?” I cooed at her, as I continued to play with her and rub her head.

I love these dogs. They are young and everything is exciting and new. The world is for their exploring and they are just so darn HAPPY!

After a few more ear scratches, I patted her back.

“Thanks!” I said to her owner.

“Goodbye Poppet!” I said with a final pat on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment