Saturday, October 25, 2014

A simple plan...

I found out not too long ago that I have a fellow inspiring writer in the midsts of all the craziness at work. :)

I have a few friends that are quite creative, and I constantly draw inspiration from them.

I think all of us have a creative side, with stories filled with imaginary friends and adventures that we might fondly remember from our childhood and maybe into adulthood. I know for me, as the years have passed, my thinking has become linear and anchored in my perception of reality. (How dull!)

I have fond memories of writing ridiculously long "plays" that had an abundance of princesses and princes, dragons and what not. (Yet still I had a strong aversion to the color pink...)
Some of my inspirations

Lately, I have found that I have a ton of half written stories, but nothing "blog ready" yet.

After talking to my colleague, we discovered that we are bursting from the seems about the idea of writing, but are always in planning mode. So much thinking, but not enough writing!

To help motivate me, she sent me a simple writing exercises from Writer's Digest. It's a 12-day plan to help get the creative juices going. I'll post the exercises and my responses to them, for better or worse.

So, here I go!

Day 1: Write 10 potential book titles you'd like to write.

I'm  a bit vulnerable here... I usually hate my ideas, and don't share anything I'm concerned about being judged on, but nothing great ever came out of staying in your comfort zone...

1. Wanderlust
2. All the Me's I have been
3. The Art of Falling
4. A Life Less Ordinary (yeah, I know, it's a movie...)
5. The Dreambox
6.  One More 
7. The Guild
8. Follow that lemming!
9. The OtherSide
10. The Journey

Ok, So nothing Earth shattering, but for me... this has been thought provoking. These are vague for a reason, but as I thought through this exercise, I attached short summaries of what some of these might become (in my head, not sharing that! Too soon!).



No comments:

Post a Comment