Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 3: Write a setting based on the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen.

After several hours of driving, I decided to pull over.  

The coastal drive was already just spectacular. But this place took my breath away. 

Colorful houses hugged the sides of the mountains, covering the full spectrum of the rainbow. There were vibrant blue houses, next to yellow abodes, with leafy trees that separated them. Red abodes, bordering green ones, that neighbored purple ones. The cove was deep, very deep. My guess is that if I followed the road that would lead to the beach, it could easily take 30 to 45 minutes of slow driving. I couldn't see the path, but at the height from which I was standing, I knew it would be a steep and windy one, with no shortage of tight hairpin turns. 

Although there were houses built all the way down to the ocean, the area was largely untouched. The community had a vast amount of trees and plants, and only because the colors of the houses were so bright, could you easily distinguish them from their surroundings. Everything looked perfectly spaced and it looked like an area where the natives would be very protective of ensuring that it would maintain a small town feel to it. 

It was an overcast afternoon, and there was a light drizzle that misted on my face. Just as I was about to climb back into the car and continue on my way, the clouds parted slightly, allowing light to descend from above. I stood there mesmerized as the clouds parted a little bit more. The rays of light kissed the ocean and the view was so serene that a sense of peace washed over me. I took a few pictures before the clouds swallowed up the light and I climbed back into the car to continue on my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment