Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 5: Write a 20-line poem about a memorable moment in your life.

Image from viator.com

We arrived in the dead of night.
I could not see any street sign that was supposed to be in sight.
Smart phones were not prevalent during those days.
And my friend was patient even when I took us in the wrong ways.
We checked into the hotel room and were in a happy state.
We had finally arrived in the Grand Canyon State.
We had a full week off from work, 
and were so happy we wanted to twerk!
We decided to take a road trip not too far from home
But far enough away that we could roam.
In the morning, we dressed up warm
Being from California, you'd think it was a massive snow storm.
 My friend had been here before
I had no idea what was in store
To my surprise and utter delight
I opened the door and saw an amazing sight!
From all sides we saw a landscape of Red Rocks
The scenery was so beautiful it nearly knocked off my socks!
Sometimes it's great to be ignorant of the destination
Especially when there is such awesome visual stimulation.


November 2 - I'm behind on my assignments! And NaNoWriMo has started, and I'm behind on that too. So, I'll pick this back up after I move and after I make some progress with my short story collection. 

I was a bit ambitious and now I just need to prioritize. 

As Arnold, as Terminator said,... "I'll be back..."

No comments:

Post a Comment